A skilled advocate with an extensive and proven track record, founding partner Tim Bojanowski focuses his practice on civil rights litigation, defending private and government entities in 42 U.S.C. § 1983 and Bivens actions, including cases arising from jail and prison conditions, medical care, religion, and wrongful death claims.
A former Assistant Attorney General for the State of Ohio and former municipal prosecutor, Tim began his career defending the State of Ohio in multi-million dollar construction litigation involving state buildings, hospitals, and university facilities. He continues to practice in the area of construction litigation, and has extensive experience handling cases involving tax abatement and tax valuation issues.
Presentations and Publications:
- Presenter, Firm Client Seminar, “Depositions: Setting Yourself Up To Win at Summary Judgment or Trial,” 2016
- Presenter, Arizona Counties Insurance Pool’s Nineteenth Annual Public Practice Legal Seminar, “Introduction to Defending Inmate Claims,” 2016
- Corrs. Corp. of Am., v. City of Youngstown, 991 N.E.2d 1187 (Ohio Ct. App. 2013)
- Curtis v. TransCor Am., LLC, No. 10 C 4570, 2012 WL 1080116 (N.D. Ill. March 29, 2012)
- CNL Hotels and Resorts, Inc. v. Maricopa County, 230 Ariz. 21, 279 P.3d 1183 (2012) (en banc)
- Lowe’s HIW, Inc. v. Thomas James Civil Design Grp., Inc., No. CV09-02481-PHX-MHM (D. Ariz. July 7, 2010)
- Hardy v. District of Columbia, 601 F.Supp.2d 182 (D.D.C. 2009)
- Jackson v. Corrs. Corp. of Am., 564 F.Supp.2d 22 (D.D.C. 2008)
- Malik v. District of Columbia, 538 F.Supp.2d 50 (D.D.C. 2008)
- In re H.W., 2007-Ohio-2879, 114 Ohio St.3d 65, 868 N.E.2d 261 (2007)
- Wilson v. Maricopa County, 484 F.Supp.2d 1015 (D. Ariz. 2006)
- In re Anthony, 2003-Ohio-5712, OHCA 12, No. 2002-A-0096 (Ohio Ct. App. 2003)
- In re Judicial Campaign Complaint Against Per Due, 2003-Ohio-2032, 98 Ohio St.3d 1548, 787 N.E.2d 10 (2003)
- Wallace v. Turner, 2001-Ohio-3456, 112901 OHCA 7, No. 00 CA 84 (Nov. 29, 2001)
- Valentine Concrete Inc. v. Ohio Dep’t of Admin. Servs., 62 Ohio Misc.2d 591, 609 N.E.2d 623 (1991)
- McDonald v. Toledo Mental Health Ctr., 67 Ohio App.3d 428 (1990)
- Parsons v. Ryan, 2:12-cv-00601-PHX-NVW (D. Ariz. 2013)
Away from the office, Tim enjoys cooking and gardening.